2020 Everett McCreary Military Conference Scholarships
Jean Carty-Turner, CST, CSFA, FAST, former AST Secretary and Director on the national Board of Directors, had been a member of AST for 26 years before her death in 2015. To honor her father, Everett McCreary, she established a fund to benefit military members. The 2020 Everett McCreary Military Conference Scholarship will offer scholarships of $1,000 each so that active, retired or disabled members of the military who have never attended a national conference can attend AST's 51st Surgical Technology Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, May 28-30, 2020.
Applicants for this scholarship must:
- upload documentation of military service (active military ID card or DD Form 214)
- be active, retired or disabled members of AST with uninterrupted membership for a minimum of two years prior to the date of the application. (Students are not eligible.)
- hold current certification (CST) through the NBSTSA.
- have never attended an AST conference and be willing and available to attend the 51st Surgical Technology Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, May 28-30, 2020.
- Write a 300-500-word essay explaining "How I Would Benefit from Attending Conference."
- provide a photo and personal statement about their experiences for the August 2020 issue of The Surgical Technologist.
- complete the online form below.
The Foundation for Surgical Technology Committee will begin reviewing applications February 1, 2020. Scholarships will not exceed $1,000 each, so recipients will be responsible for costs that exceed the scholarship amount. Scholarship awards may not be transferred to other individuals or used for future conferences (2020 conference only).
2020 Everett McCreary Military Scholarship Application Form