Medical Mission Scholarships
Are you a practicing tech and interested in helping others by serving on a medical mission trip? The Foundation for Surgical Technology scholarships provide reimbursement for some of your expenses and help you offset the cost of your trip.
To be eligible for a mission scholarship you must:
- Be an active AST member with currency.
- Complete and submit the Mission Medical Application and the Medical Mission Verification Form by December 31 of the year of your mission.
- Provide a description of your membership history - join date and any AST involvement.
- Upload official documentation of the mission program you have described.
- Upload official receipts documenting the costs incurred by the individual and all costs must be shown in dollars. All assistance is determined after the medical mission trip has occurred and the appropriate documentation has been provided. Upload supporting documents below.
- Upload two letters of recommendation, along with an article describing your experience for The Surgical Technologist journal and related photos.
- Write an article describing your experience for The Surgical Technologist journal and provide related photos before you will be reimbursed.
CE Credit for Medical Missions
In addition to the medical mission scholarship, you could earn as many as 10 hours of CE credit toward your CST recertification. You can earn CE credit for a medical mission once per certification cycle, but are only eligible to receive one scholarship.
|Year||Mission and Other Awards||Amount Awarded|